Friday, August 04, 2006

A mother's peace of mind

I have to daughters, God when I say it like that it sound like a load full. I really look at them with disbelief sometimes, like I can’t believe it. It is a strange feeling, its not that I am not happy with them, on the contrary it is because I am so happy with them. And it is true once you have children things become different, you automatically become more involved in the world around you, you want it better not just for now but for ages to come, simply because someone you love will be living in it after you are gone and you want it a perfect world for them.

With all that is going on in the Middle East, when war hits you in the face, can you help but wonder about the world we live in. A few days ago, after seeing the horrible images of the dead children, I couldn’t help but wonder, did I do the right thing by having children? Are they going to have a good life? How safe are we in this world?

Now I am a religious person, I pray and hope for the best, but doesn’t every mother hope for the best for her children??? My fear is making feel guilty, we are all in God’s hand right. Don’t get me wrong this has not touched my faith. Its just this black shadow over my soul these days. Can you ever forget such images? Can any mother? Do you think the politicians stirring up such horrible events give the slightest care about what mothers feel? Maybe mothers should rule the world, maybe mothers should be the politicians,,, maybe then we will see some peace.

No comments: