Monday, January 16, 2006

Once Skin Now Hair...

Once skin now hair...

Let me first say this. I have become obsessed with hair coloring. I was before obsessed with skin care products, now it is hair products.

I have to admit that when it came to skin products I have almost tried every brand available at some point. I used to sit and make lists of future purchases of such products. This started in my teenage years when I had acne problems and was triggered to find solutions, and when I got rid of that problem I focused on maintenance and proper care for my then oily skin. As I grew older and my skin stabilized its needs changed. But to my relief (as I started getting worried that I will not be able to find an excuse to experiment with products any more) my skin turned out to be highly responsive to the environment, so I ended up using a routine for summer days and another for winter. Not to mention some other miscellaneous items that I bought because I just simply liked one thing or the other about them.

OK this was my skin history, now when it came to my hair it was a different story. I was very conservative, and my motto was “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” and as I mentioned before I had for the most part had long abundant hair with nice natural waves, nice color and I couldn’t be happier with it. My hair care routine was very basic, and hair care products were very minimal. Now it is a whole new story. Just last week I spent a fortune in the drugstore buying hair care products; three different types of shampoos (same brand but different function) with their respective conditioners or intensive treatments, my favorite anti-frizz serum, one extra intensive treatment pack, two different brands of hair color (I have to buy two boxes of each for my long hair) and one leave in conditioner.

I did however buy some skin care products, obsessing about my hair does not mean neglecting my skin, you know!! But when it comes to skin care now I just buy exactly what I need for now, no storage for future use. But hair color, I have now 8 boxes of hair color, different brands and different colors; I am now not even sure that I will end up using all of them. I discovered it is not that easy to change hair color without professional help and I don’t mean psychiatric!!! funny people....

No comments: