Sunday, December 13, 2009

Random Thought

I find myself thinking in a certain pattern these days. And it goes like this: I see or hear something and have a certain opinion about it and then start wondering if this is how I really think or is it just me being "older" -you know being 38 and approaching the big 40- that thinks this way.

And then I stopped my self today. You do agree I am being ridiculous. Cos whatever I think or feel now, has to be because I am in my late thirties, wouldn't it be very strange to be 40 years old and think and feel like a twenty something.

So if I thought about something now differently than I did in my twenties, then that is me being normal. And my thoughts and feelings now are not any less real.

In my head I am always making a comparison between what I was then and what I am now. And to make things even more complicated I also try to figure out how the rest of the world would perceive my action or thought.

Mmm.... maybe I should just let the older me relax and the enjoy some of the liberties that come with growing older.

No comments: