Sunday, December 20, 2009

Perfumes

OK one of the things that I am fanatic about is perfumes. I just love a good scent. I have favorites and I also like to try new stuff. And I so loooove a beautiful perfume bottle.

After a longer than I liked wait, I splurged on a perfumes from wholesalers, and I got me a bunch of new and old favorites. While trying them I noticed that each one makes me feel a different way, and creates certain feelings and images in my head. So I thought I'd write this down.

Quelque Fleurs: this is my first time using this old perfumes. I always admired it but form a distance. This time I decided to get it. And when I am using I feel relaxed and expensive. Yeah, it makes me feel like a posh Parisian lady who wears classic outfits, likes to slightly over do it with accessories, but gets away with it. But this lady is also warm, and romantic. It is a scent that invites you to come closer, and I will whisper something nice in your ear.

Paris: I always seem to get nostalgic for this perfumes during the winter months. It is not so cold around here that is for sure, but when the weather gets cooler during those months, the smell of winter is in the air, and it is then that I miss and feel like I want to use this perfume. And when I use it, I imagine winter in Paris, the wet floor in the Champs-Elysees, the bare trees and the sizzle of soft rain.

Shalimar: yeah I know, sometimes I feel like I am the only one who likes this perfume around here. But this perfumes has a unique scent. A scent that tells its own tale and has a mind of its own. It is sexy when it wants, warm, distant, inviting, prohibiting, it is all and nothing. When I use it I feel like I am saying: This is me, I am here can't you feel it yet.

Chanel No5: Well what can one say about that. It is the perfume that says "Life goes on, and so do I"

Must de Cartier: I like this perfume cause it is warm and powerful. I don't think it is a sexy perfumes though. I also love how it progresses on the skin. For me it is one of those power perfumes. That gives you warm tingly feelings.

Poison: and I mean the old one. The very first. I think this perfume is unparalleled. It is like Must de Cartier, warm and powerful, but it is sooo sexy. It is the perfume that makes me imagine nightlife, but in a good way.

Paris, Shalimar, No5, Must and Poison are old favorites. I loved them at first site and still do. My new trials are Juicy Couture and Viva la Juicy. I can't say that they create any deep feelings or thoughts but despite the fact that one is flowery and the other is more fruity, and I like both, they both conjure those images of being "Elegantly Flirty" and I like that. There is an art to flirting with class and those two from Juicy Couture, seem to portray that image.

So yeah I will be enjoying my new collection of perfumes for a while, and I might decide at some other point to share more Perfume thoughts with you. I might even tell you my ultimate favorite.... shh

1 comment:

Bulbul said...

I love perfumes too..My favourite is Celebre by Avon and Pink by Next. Not branded but lovely nevertheless. If you do get a chnace then try them out too. I am sure they will reveal a whole new side to yourself :)