Saturday, November 11, 2006

A beauty thought

Before I begin let me start by saying that I am as beauty obsessed as any other woman in the universe. I love dressing up and love looking pretty. Or am I ?

I was definitely like this, but motherhood changes your attitude. I still like to dress up and take care of my body and face, wear nice cloths and make-up and perfumes, I can write stories of my love for perfumes. But still I am not as obsessed as I used to be. Good for me. Or is it?

I mean look at the world today and you see for yourself what they are expecting women to do. Work, have children, get married, have friends, keep educating yourself, I have to say it again have children, because it certainly is the most demanding job ever. And what is more on top of all that, she has to be slim, active, beautiful, and I mean clear skin, lovely hair, fresh face, no stretch marks, no zits, no frizzy hair. We can’t have women looking like that now can we? Because with all they have to do, how can they go through the day without looking good!!! right. And it is for their own good.

Yes, the world wants us women to look like models, for our own good!!! The question is why isn’t the world expecting the same thing of men. Look closely at men and you will see. They have stretch marks, blackheads, pale skin, frizzy hair, a few extra pounds sometimes forming a lovely wobbly belly, a woman would be declared in need of serious help if she was seen with one. And yet they go around confident, thinking that they are the incarnation of perfection. Well think again!

The world certainly does not expect them to have flawless skin, bright eyes and lustrous waves. The world only expects a certain level of cleanliness from them, other than that they are good. These days one notices a trend towards expecting beauty, if you will in a man, but still the pressure is not the same as on women. And you see men getting away with plenty.

Now for the life of me, I can’t understand this difference. Both sexes are attracted to beauty, both admire a good toned body and if beauty is an indication of health a healthy partner is always better than a sick one, that is if you want to blame the whole thing on the inherent beauty means a better partner to procreate with theory. So why the focus on women, and in particular why should we expect women to be perfect, flawless? Isn’t she human? And we always say I am only human, I am not perfect. Well women are human, or did we come from a far away planet of perfection and we always have to live up to the reputation! Maybe men should a get a reality check and women a bit more tolerant of themselves. I am not saying we should all go around looking like hooligans, but for God’s sake when I am having a bad day don’t judge!

1 comment:

amaikoe said...

oh i sooooooooooooo know what you mean! @_@
they should try having babies (or pms for that matter) and see what THAT feels like!
hairy guys are scary D: