Saturday, September 02, 2006

I want to talk about my girls

Yes that is true I want to talk about them, sorry, but it’s why you start a blog, right, to say whatever you want whenever you feel like it.

Lets start at the beginning, oh no, not when I was born, how boring do you think I am? But when my first girl was born.

Three years ago, this coming Sunday. Pregnancy, maternal instinct did not kick in yet. When she was born however, it is a different thing. I was just overwhelmed with feelings. Forget about resting after birth and all that, my husband took care of that part. Me, I just couldn’t sleep. I was so anxious. With all that came this need to protect. Suddenly, I don’t feel whole unless I am attached to a baby. Everything was so strange and scary. Yes there was love, a love that just kept on growing. To be honest you do feel a bit stupid at how much you suddenly love this creature. You know for a person who tries to rationalize everything, that did not make any sense. Should I tell you that after 4 years of marriage, two pregnancies and two children I have stopped trying to make sense of everything!!! Well, that's another story. Moving on...

To around two years from that date I had my second girl. Now first thought was, good I survived this one two, second thought was its just going to be the same story all over again. But you know how things are, don’t you. My girls just decided to make things all the more fun for me by being total opposites to one another. A couple of weeks after the second was born, and I realized it’s not the same story. Everything about her was different. The older she gets the more obvious. So surprise for mummy, most of the techniques I have learnt don’t work. And It was another learning process. Well you can see who’s boss in this family. Love wise, need I say it, my heart bleeds for the sight of them. The funny thing is when you have the second you love the first even more!!! Now explain that.

So what do I do with my days, they are mostly about the girls. If for a couple of hours I manage to find someone to take care of them and I go do my own thing, I just feel lost, silly I know, but what can you do, blame it on motherhood or the sun rising for all that matter. So I am out alone shopping and I hear cries of a child what happens I want to go over there and comfort the little thing. Hello! don’t you have enough of that at home. And yes the smell... do all mothers miss the smell of their children. First thing I want to do when I return is to smell them. God, can you be an addict to your own children. So fellow mothers, did you sniff your children lately?

1 comment:

amaikoe said...

i dont have kids XD but its an interresting point of view!
newborn babies smell nice, but i dunno about when they grow up D: *is skeptical* lol
i think its awsome to have a loving mother like you XD your daughters have better love you very much when they grow up X3 <3