Saturday, March 25, 2006

Spiritual Experience

Spiritual Experience.

As you might know the people who live in this part of the world are, the majority that is, muslims. And I am one of them. I am not an extremist, but I do practice my religion.

In Saudi Arabia there are two holy places for muslims, Makkah and Madinah. I have been to Makkah, where we do Omra every year, but I have never been to Madina till last week. Madina is where the Prophet lived and died and he is buried there. Going to Madina is usually called the “visit” it is like you are visiting the Prophet.

So I was very exited we went with my husbands family and stayed at a large suite in a hotel overlooking the Prophets mosque, it was so nice and spiritual I was crying every time I prayed. And now I can’t wait to visit again. The area was calm, serene and it felt out of this world; like you have to worry about nothing there. I totally loved it.

When you are in a place like that you think about the blessings you have and you find yourself focusing on the real value of life, and my love for my family, my children and my husband grew even more.

I just wonder these days if you are religious, of any religion, you seem to have to defend yourself, how did we get to that, if being a believer is making me feel so good, why should I always find myself in a position to have to defend myself and my beliefs, and I just wanted to say to all believers of all religions, enjoy!...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, all of us have different spiritual experience. What matters is on how we use that experience in our lives, how we become better persons with it and on how we interpret it.